What I will NOT miss about working:
– 5:30 am alarms
– The Mondays (and the Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and Thursdays… and… the Sundays Nights!)
– Fearing my child will love his caretaker more than he loves me
– 10 hours of work, 2 hours of family time
– Taking off work when baby is sick (and feeling guilty about it)
– Letting the house go during the week
– Cleaning on weekends
– Paperwork… paperwork… paperwork!
– Feeling tired all of the time (see #1)
– TV Dinners
– Missing my family
– Stressing about trying to be super mom
– Dead plants (because who really has time to water when they’re trying to do it all)
– Filling up the gas tank 1/week
– Wearing maternity panties because I ran out of clean ones… again.
– Classroom drama
– Work clothes
I WILL MISS:
– Having a truly motivating reason to do my hair/make-up every morning
– Olive Garden, Chili’s, Texas Land and Cattle etc… (This could be a page of it’s own)
– Dates that are out of the house and require a babysitter (I guess dating. period.)
– Audio book time (aka my commute)
– Cable TV (And NBC Nightly News with the dashing Brian Jennings)
– Vacations that require a plane, the cost of a hotel room, and staying away for long periods of time
– Manicures, pedicures, and any other ‘cures’ that require me being pampered
– The maid service, the pest control service, the lawn service, and (insert here) service.
– Professional Photography (and editing)
– Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Target, the mall and lots more
– Owning brand new anything
– Friday afternoons (anticipating the weekend)
So most everything I will miss involves “the things, the it, the stuff” . I am feeling so grateful that I get to trade the “it” for the “them”.